25 Greatest Inspirational Quotes for Inmates to Stay Positive
November 01, 2016
The role inspiration plays in our everyday life is an important one, especially for our incarcerated loved ones.
Inspiration drives us to overcome challenges, conquer our fears and reach new heights. It can uplift and motivate us, and open us to new possibilities.
Perhaps most importantly, inspiration creates opportunities for confidence-building when it is most needed.
Reference our list of inspirational quotes for inmates, any time you or your loved one needs to be uplifted:
- “Every moment is a fresh beginning.”
– T.S. Eliot
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”
– Audrey Hepburn
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”
– Maya Angelou
- “In the middle of a difficulty lies opportunity.”
– Albert Einstein
- “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”
– Francis of Assisi
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.”
– Helen Keller
- “Look for something positive in each day, even if you have to look a little harder some days.”
- “We know what we are, but know not what we may be.”
– William Shakespeare
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
– Michael Jordan
- “Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.”
– Aristotle Onassis
- “Outcome is not in your control. What’s in your control is your effort and your intentions.”
– Amit Sood
- “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
– Ronald Reagan
- “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
– Napoleon Hill
- “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me.”
– Erma Bombeck
- “Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being.”
– Kevin Kruse
- “It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.”
– Ann Landers
- “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”
– Stephen Covey
- “There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”
- “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
– John Lennon
- “Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.”
– Christopher Reeve
- “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”
– H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Change your thoughts and you change your world.”
– Norman Vincent Peale
Take one or more of these inspirational quotes for inmates, and reach out to your loved one with a quick note. consider ConnectNetwork’s Messaging services to do this. Communicating is easy and is very similar to emailing or texting. Find out if your loved one’s facility offers this service here.
If it’s inspiring poetry you are looking for, see our article: 7 Inspiring Poems for My Son in Prison to Smile About.
Do you have a quote or excerpt that keeps you inspired? Please share it with us on our Facebook Page.
Posted In: Blog