GTL provides access to over 150 international calling destinations for inmates at facilities where international calling is allowed.
Calls requiring the prefix 011 are considered international destinations.
- Domestic calls include the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Northern Marietta Islands.
- Calls to numbers preceded with an Area Code, like Canada and the Caribbean, have their own specific rates.
- Provides calling capability to inmates with offshore friends and family.
- Facilitates outside contact for ICE (Immigrations and Customs Enforcement) detainees.
- Affordable rates, including to common destinations like Mexico and Central America.
How It Works
An AdvancePay® account used for international calling can be established for most every phone number that is dialed from the United States using the prefix 011. Visit our AdvancePay page for more information on that pre-paid calling service and how it works.
What It Costs
International calling rates vary by destination. Rates also may also vary by type of termination (e.g., landline or cellular). GTL’s tariffs are published here.
Ways to Pay
While making a deposit online is the easiest and fastest way to make a deposit into an AdvancePay account used for international calling, there are several different options available to make a deposit.